AwoX Lights Up CES Las Vegas 2017 with its Connected Lightbulbs
SmartLIGHT mesh: an Innovation Award Honoree in the Smart Home category
AwoX (Euronext – FR0011800218 – AWOX), a pure play IoT tech company specialized in Smart Home solutions, will be lighting up the 2017 edition of the Las Vegas based exposition with its new line of connected lightbulbs: SmartLIGHT mesh. These lightbulbs, the first to be equipped with mesh technology, make it even easier to create a home network of connected LED lighting.
Among some of the other new innovations presented this year, Wiser Odace LIGHTING will also be present with a new connected light switch created in partnership with AwoX and Schneider Electric, one of the world leaders in lighting control accessories.
SmartLIGHT mesh, Connected LED Lighting that Optimize Bluetooth Performance
An Innovation Award Honoree 2017, this new line of connected lightbulbs opens up several possibilities for consumers looking to simply add connected lighting at home and easily control them no matter their location in the household.
All the features that mesh lightbulbs offer will be on display at CES Las Vegas – South Hall 3, stand 31 642 – with different demos highlighting the strong points of mesh Technology, including:
- Wider Bluetooth coverage: mesh technology makes it possible for a light bulb to share its signal with surrounding light bulbs in order to extend Bluetooth coverage to all light bulbs within a household. Thanks to this technological breakthrough, not only is it possible to take ad-vantage of the simplicity of Bluetooth (compatible with all smartphones and tablets currently on the market) without the need of a hub or other accessories to connect to the internet; it is also possible to control all light bulbs from anywhere in the house, whether they are located on the ground floor or the third floor.
- A secure Bluetooth mesh connection: the connection is secured with a unique password that is shared, automatically and transparently, between members of the same household. This ul-timate security protocol is the result of the “Home Secure Account” (HSA) platform that AwoX has integrated into its SmartCONTROL application, making it impossible for anyone outside of the network to take control of a light bulb that does not belong to them.
- Improved light bulb group management: one of the main advantages of connected lighting is the possibility to create & manage light bulbs in groups in order to turn a group off & on with a single click. With mesh technology, AwoX now offers the possibility to create groups with up to 50 connected light bulbs, whereas previous Bluetooth technology was limited to only 8 light bulbs.
- Dramatically improved responsiveness for a group of several light bulbs for seemingly real-time control. Previous technology required the signal to be sent to each individual light bulb within a group; mesh protocol immediately propagates a signal from light bulb to light bulb, without having to return to a smartphone or another mobile device.
Now available, SmartLIGHT mesh comes in 4 models:
SmartLIGHT mesh Color – 9 w – E27 at retail suggested price 25€
SmartKIT (1 SMLm – 9 w – E27 + connected remote control at suggested retail price 35€)
SmartKIT (2 SMLm – 9 w – E27 + connected remote control at suggested retail price 55 €)
SmartLIGHT mesh Color – 13 w – C13 at suggested retail price 33€
Wiser Odace LIGHTING, the Latest Light Switch Created by Schneider & AwoX
CES 2017 will also be the occasion for AwoX to present Wiser Odace LIGHTING, a connected version of the popular light switch created by Schneider Electric, a worldwide leading company in the lighting sector.
Wiser Odace LIGHTING is based on connectivity technology developed by AwoX and offers the following functions:
- Turn off/on up to 8 connected lightbulbs
- Adjust brightness of lighting
- Change colors
- Change lighting temperature (bright, crisp white light or mellow orange lighting)
Wiser Odace LIGHTING can also be controlled with a smartphone or tablet by using the app (iOS & Android).
Wiser Odace LIGHTING is available as a single unit with finishings either in white, aluminum or anthracite. The unit is also available in 3 separate kits – White Light Pack, Color Light Pack, Light & Perfume Pack – which include both a connected light switch and an AwoX SmartLED.