A SmartLIGHT mesh bulb uses Bluetooth mesh technology.
The Bluetooth mesh technology uses the standardized Bluetooth Low Energy protocol to which AwoX has added its technology to bring new features such as:
– A secure Bluetooth connection
– Extended reach to the whole house if enough bulbs
– Group management up to 50 light bulbs or luminaires
– Support for multiple users simultaneously
The smartLIGHT mesh range will consist of various types of bulbs to meet all lighting needs in the home:
• Bulb with an E27 socket, traditional or globe, with a capacity ranging from 806 Lm to 1050 Lm (equivalent to 60 and 75 Watt incandescent)
• Bulb with an E14 base, of traditional size, with a power of 350 Lm (equivalent to 25 Watt incandescent)
• Bulb with GU10 base, traditional size, with a power of 350 Lm (equivalent to 25 Watt incandescent)
All the bulbs in the mesh range will have 16 million colors and multi white hot-cold (2700 ° to 6500 ° K).
• The SMLm-C9-E27 bulb has a lighting power of 806 Lm, equivalent to an incandescent 60 Watt bulb, for a maximum power consumption of 9 Watt in operation and a maximum of 0.5 Watt with LED off
• The SMLm-C13g-E27 bulb has a lighting power of 1050 Lm, equivalent to a 75 Watt incandescent bulb, for a power consumption of 13 Watt maximum in operation and 0.5 Watt maximum with the LEDs off
• The SMLm-C5-GU10 bulb has a lighting power of 350 Lm, equivalent to a 25 Watt incandescent bulb, for a power consumption of 5 Watt maximum in operation and 0.5 Watt maximum with the LEDs off
• The SMLm-C5-E14 bulb has a lighting power of 350 Lm, equivalent to a 25 Watt incandescent bulb, for a power consumption of 5 Watt maximum in operation and 0.5 Watt maximum with the LEDs off
The existing dimmers are not compatible with the AwoX connected bulbs which have their own mechanism for managing the variation of light intensity.
The AwoX connected bulbs can be used with:
• Any standard wall switch on the market
Note that you will only be able to turn off an AwoX bulb and turn it back on and the bulb will turn back on in the state where it was turned off.
If the switch is in off mode (no current), the AwoX bulb can not be controlled by other means.
• SmartCONTROL application on smartphone and tablet
• The AwoX mesh Remote
• The AWoX SmartPEBBLE gesture switch
With mesh technology, it is possible to group and control up to 50 bulbs at the same time.
Light bulbs or luminaires using mesh technology can be controlled without a smartphone or tablet via the mesh remote control or the SmartPEBBLE switch.
The mesh remote control only works with the mesh range of light bulbs and fixtures.
This remote control makes it easy and quick to use without having to use the smartphone.
It is possible to have as many controllers (smartphone, mesh remote, SmartPEBBLE) as desired to control the mesh bulbs.
O iPhone / iPad / iPod:
O iPhone as of version 4S
O iPad from the 3rd generation and all versions of iPad mini
O iPod Touch from the 5th generation
Android Smartphone & Tablet:
O From Android version 4.3 with Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy
A SmartLIGHT mesh bulb can have up to 5 ignition and extinction schedules per day, with weekly or monthly recurrence programming.
By using the ignition and extinction programs, it is possible to simulate a presence in your habitat. Note that it is necessary to not switch off the power via the wall switch.
A SmartLIGHT mesh bulb has not been designed for outdoor use.
A SmartLIGHT mesh bulb uses guaranteed 20,000 hour LEDs.
The LEDConnect range from our partner EGLO is 100% compatible with the mesh AwoX range.
APIs are not available to the general public.
The SmartPEBBLE in its default factory setting is not compatible with AwoX Mesh lighting and remains “blocked”.
To resolve this issue, we have added a feature in the SmartCONTROL app that will unblock your SmartPEBBLE.
To start, please verify that your Mesh light bulb is up-to-date by checking in the app: menu / updates. If needed, please update your light bulb.
Once the light bulb is updated, leave the light bulb on and within reach of your smartphone. Open the settings tab in the SmartCONTROL app, and select “Unblock my SmartPEBBLE”. You should be able to click on the button: “Unblock”.
Click on the “Unblock” button, then click on your SmartPEBBLE so it starts blinking. The procedure has started. Wait until the SmartPEBBLE is unblocked.
Your SmartPEBBLE is now ready to be added to the SmartCONTROL app so it can be updated and made compatible with AwoX Mesh Lighting.